Selina tagged me on her blog and I’m supposed to share ten honest things about me.
Here’s my list.
Ten Honest Things about Me
1. I think home school kids are kind of weird and socially awkward. I last talked about this with Alan, his roomie, and his roomie’s girlfriend. Roomie was worried about society and all the possible negative and scary influences it could have on your child, he wanted to home school. The rest of us tried to discourage him. I used to work in a indoor playground in college, and I couldn’t help but notice the home school kids were usually socially awkward. So I have this stereotype I’m not proud of, but it’s there. Home school kids are kind of weird. I guess ‘unsocialized’ is a more diplomatic word.
2. I love Oprah. I have an inside joke with my buddies but mostly with myself that starts with “Oprah says to…” Actually, as I’m typing this I’m watching Disc 4 of the 20th Anniversary Collection of Oprah. I borrowed this from Jamie ages ago.
3. I love PostSecret.com. Love. I’ve been going for years. I remember when he didn’t erase postcards weekly and you can just flip back and back into the past entries. I have all four books. One of my favorite memories is going in February (my favorite month) a couple of years ago to Frank Warren’s book signing with Kim and Si Nae.
4. Some crushes for you. Some of these are childhood crushes so you must forgive me for odd/poor taste: Captain Planet, Ralphael the Ninja Turtle, Jim Carrey, Ted Danson a la Cheers, Tu Pac, Jamie Foxx, Fifty Cent, Brad Pitt before affair a la Meet Joe Black, and Cary Grant. ROBERT DOWNEY JR. Just to name a few.
5. I have a deep love affair with food. Deep! Love! I think it’s a little apparent through this blog. This reminds me I haven’t had dinner today.
6. I notice girls with pretty backs. Because I have a scarred, marred up back, I envy and notice girls with pretty backs. I also wistfully admire backless gowns.
7. I wish the Ally McBeal show would go on DVD for me to buy and rewatch over and over again. I’ve rewatched Sex & the City at least 8 times in its entirety but I’m sure I can easily beat that with Ally McBeal. I think this is one reason why I know I can keep Kim in my life forever. Since she loves Ally McBeal. It says something about her that I can completely relate to. (That’s just one reason of many why I love Kim.)
8. Some of my favorite bonding time with Alan involves TV shows. We each have our regular TV shows we follow but I love the shows we both equally enjoy. Briefly we had Moment of Truth. Now it’s Lost and Desperate Housewives. One of my favorite memories of him is “sharing” a pint of Bluebell’s Pistachio Almond while watching Desperate Housewives.
9. My daddy is my hero. We have a few similarities that I cherish and wear like a badge of honor. Our love for reading. We’re very prideful. We both think we’re funny even if most would disagree with our cheesy humor. We’re a little stoic. Actually, he’s a lot better at that than me. Seriously, everything that I can see passed on through me that comes from him, I cherish and keep with so much love.
10. I talk to Mary Ellen/best friend/FFB (friend from Boston) every single day. She lives in Boston. We talk for hours on average every single day. Hours. When I’m not at work and online, she leaves me voice mails and I respond when I can. I wonder how many words we’ve exchanged? Crazy amount for sure. I can retrace half my life through her. That’s amazing.