The end of the year is nearing and although I’ve failed several of my resolutions, I’m pleased with my overall performance. There is one failure that was still quite rewarding. I wanted to go to Houston 10 times to visit family and friends because in 2009, I was in Houston only 3 times. By the time year ends this year, I would have made it 7 times. That’s more than twice last year. Further demonstration that it doesn’t hurt to make concrete goals even if you come short.
Here is my updated progress report for this year’s resolutions.
Rebuild year’s worth of emergency fund.
- Transfer over my 401K from my previous job to my Roth IRA.
Do my own taxes.
- Keep outings with my little from Big Brothers & Big Sisters of America on a budget. (So far so good!)
- Continue doing 1 new thing a week. (So far so good!)
- Visit a new state from my list. (Next weekend!)
- Read 40 books. (36/40)
Organize a book club.
- Be more or less abreast with updates on 202 things in 1001 days. (FAIL.)
- Leave the country. (FAIL.)
Write 15 letters.
- Try out 20 new recipes (19/20)
- Update movie, gratitude, quotations, and collage, and reading journal at least twice a month. (So far so good.)
Run a 5k for a charity.
- See my little from Big Brothers & Sisters 2-3 times a month. (Mostly good)
- Donate to every sponsorship for charity my friends take part in. (So far so good!)
Try at least 3 times to mend a relationship with a family member. Not leave drawers and cabinet doors open.
- Go to Houston ten times this year to visit friends and family. (6/10)
Be more organized.(Blog post to come on how I’ve become more organized)