Save $1,204 in the Gift Fund for my parents. I now have enough in the account for roughly two international airline tickets. My parents don’t seem to be retiring soon so I’ll resolve to add another 1,000 in 2013.
- Contribute $2,000 in a Roth IRA for 2012. No progress.
- Make $3,000 outside from full-time job income. $1067, 36% completed.
- Try 10 more Vietnamese recipes. 2/10.
- Complete 10 sewing learning projects. 2/10.
- Read 50 books. 25/50.
Read one Neil Gaiman book. American Gods was a really fun experience.
Build a fort.
- Blog at least three times a week per blog. This is one of those resolutions I make knowing I will definitely fail. I make it because in striving for three a week, I may hit one or two and that’s better than zero.
Finish Sketchbook Project 2012 in time. Finished product here.
- Visit two new states. 1/2. Arkansas down! Washington in September!
- Go to Marfa, Texas with Kim. This may be forsaken as a goal to help save for Paris in 2013.
Relationships and Well-Being
Visit my sister in Pennsylvania.
- Volunteer 10 hours outside my commitment to Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. 4/10. Food bank, planting trees at Wildflower Center. I’ve been helping with the planning of a charity event. I’m not going to count the hours planning as volunteer work but I will count the time spent at the event.
- Work out at least once per week. I’ve been averaging 3-4 times a week. I enjoy drawing a smiley face on the calendar for each day I’ve clocked at least 30 minutes of exercise.
- Write my morning pages at least 120 times this year. 90/120.
- Buy myself flowers four times. No progress.
Question: What goals are you going to focus on for the rest of 2012?