And here is the first resolutions progress report of the year! I think I’m off to a decent start.
- Save $1,000 in the Gift Fund for my parents. $889 saved. About 90% complete.
- Make $3,000 outside from full-time job income. $278.58. 9.3% done.
- Pay down $4,500 in principal of student loans. $980.74. 22% done.
- Open up a Roth IRA account with a new bank and deposit $2,000. No progress. I’m focusing on the student loans first.
- Try 10 more Vietnamese recipes. 3/10. I tried my third one just last night for cookbook book club. Pictured below, this one is called Canh Chua (direct translation is sour soup). Sweet and sour fish soup. It was the first time I cooked with okra and tamarind!
- Complete 10 sewing learning projects. No progress yet! Going home at the end of the month. I hope to remember to get mom to teach me how to thread a sewing machine again.
- Finish transcribing dad’s journal. No progress yet. This will be difficult since I don’t read Vietnamese. I can guess his English words with his handwriting but it’s impossible to guess his Vietnamese proper nouns. I plan on transcribing everything that I can and then tagging the pages with blanks. I plan to take the journal to Houston when I visit to fill in the blanks.
- Read 50 books. 8/50.
- Write 104 blog posts for my food blog. 6/104. The goal was set at 104 to mean an average of 2 blog posts a week. Oops.
- Write 174 blog posts for this blog. 34/174 including this one.
Finish Sketchbook Project 2013 in time. I uploaded a copy of the entire book to my Google+ account.
- Visit two new states. Going to World Domination Summit in Oregon in July.
- SEE PARIS WITH KIM. We are flying out May 14th! It’s going to happen!
Relationships and Well-Being
- Work out 156 times for at least 30 minutes each session. 23/156. This goal was set to mean an average of 3 times a week. I’m only a tad behind on target.
- Cook 24 vegetarian dinners. 4/24. I’m on target!
Kale & Quinoa Cakes, recipe from Joy the Baker
- Send Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day cards. I sent a few cards out to single gal friends and my parents for Valentine’s Day.
Question: Are you still pursuing your resolutions?