I lost a lot of steam in my pursuit of completing goals towards the end of the year due to life changes which resulted in more failed goals than usual. I think in 2014, I’ll trim my list of goals down and relax more.
Save $1,000 in the Gift Fund for my parents. Done! I focused on this financial goal first since it was the smallest goal. I put some of my Christmas gift money and a third of my tax refund into this account.
- Make $3,000 outside from full-time job income. $934.04. 31% done. I’ve had this goal for three years now and have never achieved it. I’m dropping this in 2014. FAIL
Pay down $4,500 in principal of student loans. I’ve actually paid 1081 dollars over my goal. I threw all I had extra into this goal.
- Open up a Roth IRA account with a new bank and deposit $2,000. 500/2000. FAIL
- Try 10 more Vietnamese recipes. 7/10. I’ve learned one new Vietnamese dish since the last progress report. This is the third year I’ve had this goal so I now know how to make a grand total of 27 recipes. FAIL
Dish 6: Vietnamese Crepes
Complete 10 sewing learning projects. 10/10. My last sewing project was my favorite sewing project.
- Finish transcribing dad’s journal. FAIL
Read 50 books. 50/50.
- Write 104 blog posts for my food blog. 43/104. FAIL
- Write 174 blog posts for this blog. 121/174. I set the goal at 174 to mean an average of 3 posts a week and a post a day in November. FAIL
Finish Sketchbook Project 2013 in time. I uploaded a copy of the entire book to my Google+ account.
Visit two new states. 4/2. Oregon, Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky.
SEE PARIS WITH KIM. Done! It was amazing.
Relationships and Well-Being
- Work out 156 times for at least 30 minutes each session. 105/156. FAIL
- Cook 24 vegetarian dinners. 16/24. This goal was set to mean an average of 2 times a month. FAIL
Send Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day cards. I sent a few cards for Thanksgiving and Valentine’s but I’m still behind on a few thank you for being awesome cards.
Question: How did you fare in 2013 with your goals?