And that’s a wrap on the work week! I spent a lot of it in the car driving to events during rush hour and to a friend’s house to help him with his yard while he’s on vacation. I’m looking forward to a slower weekend with more time on the couch. Maybe with the two books I’m reading. But first, I’m excited about a double date tonight with lovely people! I plan on asking them how they feel about eating dessert first.
Here’s this week’s list of links that made me feel feelings. Hope you enjoy! Tell me what you’re up to in the comments!
- 100 cameras were given to the homeless.
- 15 photographs of Iranian mosques, palaces, and baths.
- Currently reading The Rosie Project and The Goldfinch. I’m so behind in my reading goal!
- Make America read again!
- Roald Dahl’s food inventions.
- I loved this longish read about David Chang’s philosophy on deliciousness. He applies what I already believe about life to his food. The sweet spot of life is somewhere between the excitement of novelty, to remind you of what’s out there to explore, and the comfort of the familiar, to ground you in the blessings you already have or had experienced.
- Favorite food recipes of famous photographers.
- “Most meals are mediocre.” I eat at a lot of restaurants and most times don’t write about them because of this. Or bad lighting in the food photos.
- Lisa Frank has a clothing line!
- I bought myself an early birthday present!
- I recapped my June On & Off Instagram.
- Our 38th episode of I Feel Better is about Orange is the New Black. At the time of the recording I had just finished Season 2 and now I’m almost done with Season 4! I’m bracing myself for heartbreak!
Throw back with the First Lady
Honey Badger don’t care