Hello! I haven’t done a Friday Feels in a while. It’s just been kind of depressing out in the world lately and I don’t find myself meandering on the internet as much. But I’m here now with this latest installment of things from the internet that made me feel things. Are you up to anything fun this weekend? Tell me in the comments! I’m heading to Lake Charles, Louisiana for Mardi Gras with Austin Food Magazine.
- This piece in the New York Times about finding love through animal adoptions really got me in the feels.
- I liked this interview with Jerry Seinfield about his creative work. “It’s very important to know what you don’t like. A big part of innovation is saying, “You know what I’m really sick of?””
- How exercise shapes you far beyond the gym. Maybe this will further motivate me to get off my bum.
- If literature’s most romantic figures texted. Haha!
- I’m doing well on my reading goal so far! I really enjoyed the really long and really disturbing IT by Stephen King.
- I made this carbonara for dinner last night and it was so good. I added some cream, because cream!
- I already gifted the trilogy March after reading part one.
- My friend Treavor sent me the last episode of the Oprah show and though dated, it was so timely for me to hear some of the messaging.
- Real talk, for many reasons I could explain, I struggle with jealousy more than I wish I did. I found this podcast helpful!
- I’ve been cranking out more posts on my food blog and I’m especially proud of my 9 Useful Tips for Drool-Worthy Food Photography. I also tweaked the layout and like it much better. Come visit!
- Also updated my city guide to Thai food in Austin!
- We’ve had a few episodes of I Feel Better come out since my last Friday Feels, but our last episode is about Moonlight. I’m rooting for Moonlight for Best Picture!