Save $1,204 in the Gift Fund for my parents. I now have enough in the account for roughly two international airline tickets. My parents don’t seem to be retiring soon so I’ll resolve to add another 1,500 in 2013.
- Contribute $2,000 in a Roth IRA for 2012. The buying of a car kind of derailed me. I’m glad I didn’t put in the 2,000 so I could use it to go towards the car.
- Make $3,000 outside from full-time job income. $2,320/$3,000
- Try 10 more Vietnamese recipes. 6/10. In one week, I made four new recipes. One of which was Vietnamese Stuffed Tomatoes.
- Complete 10 sewing learning projects. 2/10. No progress since the last few progress reports.
- Read 50 books. 35/50. I’m way behind on this goal. I only read one book since June!
Read one Neil Gaiman book. American Gods was a really fun experience.
Build a fort.
- Blog at least three times a week per blog. This is one of those resolutions I make knowing I will definitely fail. I make it because in striving for three a week, I may hit one or two and that’s better than zero. Today marks the first day of National Blog Posting Month! Cheers to blogging every day this month.
Finish Sketchbook Project 2012 in time. Finished product here.
Visit two new states. 1/2. Arkansas and Washington
Go to Marfa, Texas with Kim.
Relationships and Well-Being
Visit my sister in Pennsylvania.
- Volunteer 10 hours outside my commitment to Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America. 8/10. Food bank, planted trees at Wildflower Center, worked a charity event benefiting Bake A Wish. I’m currently looking into a soup kitchen for Thanksgiving Day.
- Work out at least once per week. I’ve been averaging 3-4 times a week most of this year but have fallen off the wagon the last two months. I finally hit up the gym this week to start up again.
- Write my morning pages at least 120 times this year. 100/120.
- Buy myself flowers four times. 2/4.
Question: Do you give up on a goal once you know it’s not reachable by the predetermined deadline?