I love making resolutions. I think it helps me to progress in life. I had a really good year in 2008 and completed almost ALL of my resolutions. In 2009, namely due to resigning my job as a research coordinator and being unemployed for 5 months, I didn’t do well keeping my resolutions. The only three resolutions I accomplished from my list was have a whole year’s worth of funds saved up as an emergency fund (it ended up being VERY useful during my stint with unemployment), write in my paper journal once a week, I reading 20 books in 2009 (I read between 24-30 books), and continue doing my new things of the week (going on 5 years now!).
I’m feel like I have better footing this year and here are my resolutions for 2010.
- Rebuild year’s worth of emergency fund. (5.5K) I just transferred over 500 (1/11).
- Transfer over my 401K from my previous job to my Roth IRA.
- Do my own taxes.
- Keep outings with my little from Big Brothers & Big Sisters of America on a budget.
- Continue doing 1 new thing a week.
- Visit a new state from my list.
- Read 40 books.
- Organize a book club. (If you’re in Austin, Texas and are interested email me. First meeting is scheduled for 1/31/2010.
- Be more or less abreast with updates on 202 things in 1001 days.
- Leave the country.
- Write 15 letters.
- Try out 20 new recipes
- Update movie, gratitude, quotations, and collage, and reading journal at least twice a month.
- Run a 5k for a charity.
- See my little from Big Brothers & Sisters 2-3 times a month
- Donate to every sponsorship for charity my friends take part in.
- Try at least 3 times to mend a relationship with a family member.
- Not leave drawers and cabinet doors open. (I don’t know how this bad habit started!)
- Go to Houston ten times this year to visit friends and family.
- Be more organized.